MoodleBites Mobile Moodle
Updated for 2017 !
What do others say having taken this course...
"Thanks for the great online learning experience HRDNZ!" Sheryl Villaroman, Philippines.
"...new learning, insights, practice and sharing; great course! It was great, even for me in second language,"Sylvester Garcia, Peru.
"I am very proud of the knowledge that I have acquired from this course. Thank you." (Anonymous feedback), USA.
"Just wanted to say thanks ... it's been a genuinely interesting course." Charles Burkinshaw GAC, UK.
"The mentoring aspect was just great, and the support in the forums was amazing, from peers and mentors." (Anonymous feedback), UK.
This course contains:
- New HD (high-definition) screen capture movie tutorials
- Automated 'Certification of Completion' at the end from HRDNZ (Moodle Partner)
- Improved and faster course graphics
- Updated .pdf resources
- Streamlined Forums and communication
- More Quizzes and more self-test questions
- All standard Activities and Resource types covered
- Facilitators are all MCCC qualified (official Moodle Course Creator Certificate)
- Facilitators are experienced online teachers from schools, universities, and the commercial sector
- Open Badges awarded
The MoodleBites Mobile Moodle course is 4 weeks in duration and is delivered in a current Moodle environment (resources are also available within courses for earlier Moodle versions). Each week contains approximately 1-3 hours work, although this varies depending on your experience with Moodle and how much extension work you wish to complete
Designed for 'just in time' training, for busy teachers needing flexibility, and those new to Moodle.
- Each week is facilitated by Stuart Mealor - Managing Director of HRDNZ (certified Moodle Partner since 2006) and Moodle certification manager and co-facilitated by at least one other MCCC and experienced internationally recognised Moodler
The fee for MoodBites Mobile Moodle is USD $249 per person at this time we are able to offer a discount to a special rate of USD $199 but places are limited - so book early to avoid disappointment! (Euro invoices available by special request).
International fee includes credit card fees and currency exchange fees - there are no hidden charges.
If you wish to translate this value to your local currency please visit: http://www.xe.com/
You can register for the course using the "Register Now" link on the Front Page.
The MoodleBites Mobile Moodle course runs just twice each year starting on the following dates;
- 1st March
- 1st September
In covering the content, each course includes:
- Printable reference material
- Multimedia movies
- Forums and chat sessions
- Practical teaching examples
- FAQ's and Glossaries
- Individual practice exercises
- Optional group activities
- Tips and tricks
- "Watch out for..." the things we get wrong
- Selected relevant links
- Recommended further reading
- Best-practice mobile friendly course design
MoodleBites courses are unique in a number of respects:
- It has a focus on how to use Moodle features in teaching.
- The course development team is international and MoodleBites is written to be accessible for speakers of English as a second or other language.
- Designed to run well even over slow internet connections and on older computers.
- Any audio content is replicated in text for accessibility.
Course content outline
- Week 1, Communication for mobile
Here we explore the functions for communication in a Moodle mobile setting, and there are many of these, so understanding what works well, and when, is vital knowledge for teachers.
- Week 2, Using Resources for mobile
Here we explore resources in Moodle and how best to use them in a mobile setting. With such a variety of options, an understanding of which work best for mobile, and why, and how you can improve them is essential.
- Using the Moodle Mobile App 'offline'
- Week 3, Using Moodle Activities for mobile
Here we explore the activities in Moodle. Exactly how Moodle activities work when users have a small screen mobile device, or are using the Moodle Mobile App takes some experience to get the best results.
- Glossary and Database
- Using SCORM objects
- Surveys and Choices
- The mobile Gradebook
- Week 4, Using media for mobile
Providing multimedia content to mobile and smaller devices has a number of challenges This week we cover how to ensure your multimedia content works beautifully when delivered to mobile devices.
- Customising the Moodle Mobile App
- Images for mobile
- Audio for mobile
- Movies for mobile
- Moodle mobile availability plugin
- HTML5 and CSS
*This outline is subject to change as Moodle changes and we update the content.