Updated 2021 - for Moodle 3.10
What others say having taken MoodleBites courses...
"Learned a lot of things and the way the content was presented was very nice. Great work!" Bram Lauwers, Belgium.
"Thank you for an engaging and beneficial course." Neil Johnson, USA.
"...a really great course. A lot more practical than others I have done." Lynn Danzig, UK.
"Thank you all so very much for a great learning experience. Definitely provided much food for thought!" Karyn Housh, Trinidad and Tobago.
"Great content, great experience - loved it." Trish Thorne, New Zealand.
"Thank you for helping me understand..., and designing for all users." Kim Salinas, USA.
This course contains:
- HD (high-definition) screen capture movie tutorials
- Automated Certification of Completion from HRDNZ (certified Moodle Partner since 2006)
- Great examples of current best-practice
- Supported forums and communication
- Quizzes and Scenario's
- All content types and functions covered
- Facilitators are often MCCC / MEC qualified (official Moodle Course Creator Certificate / Moodle Educator Certificate)
- Facilitators are experienced online teachers and designers from schools, universities, and the commercial sector
- Open Badge awarded
The H5P in Moodle course is 4 weeks in duration and is delivered in a current Moodle environment. Each week contains approximately 1-3 hours work. Please note that this course is NOT an introduction to Moodle, it's for people who know Moodle, and want to understand and integrate H5P to create engaging and interactive courses. If you are new to Moodle please take our MoodleBites for Teachers course first.
Designed as 'just in time' training, for busy teachers and designers needing flexibility, and those familiar with Moodle but relatively new to H5P.
- This course is facilitated by Stuart Mealor (Managing Director of HRDNZ Moodle Partner), and Ruth Boal - education professional with a Master of Education (MEd) and experienced H5P designer.
The fee for H5P and Moodle is USD $249 per person at this time we are able to offer a discount to a special rate of USD $199! but places are limited
- so book early to avoid disappointment! (Euro invoices available by special request). If you wish to translate this value to your local currency please visit: http://www.xe.com/
You can register for this course using the Register for a course
link under 'Course outlines' on the front page
The H5P and Moodle
course starts on the following dates;
- 1st February
- 1st June
- 1st October
In covering the content, each course includes:
- Multimedia movies
- Forums and chat sessions
- Practical teaching examples
- FAQ's and Glossaries
- Individual practice exercises
- Tips and tricks
- "Watch out for..." the things we get wrong
- Selected relevant links
- Recommended further reading
- Mobile friendly course design
H5P and Moodle is unique in a number of respects:
- It has a focus on how to best use H5P features within Moodle.
- The course development team is international and the course is written to be accessible for speakers of English as a second or other language.
- Designed to run well even over slow internet connections and on older computers.
- Any video / audio content is available as text for accessibility.
Course content outline
- Week 1, H5P in Moodle - Fundamentals, images, and audio
Here we explore the core functionality of H5P, how it works within Moodle, and the best approaches to images and audio.
- Introduction to course
- The H5P content types overview
- Metadata, behaviours, and language
- H5P as an activity within Moodle
- Preparing and using images on H5P
- Using audio content in H5P activities
- Week 2, H5P in Moodle - quizzes and questions
Interactivity with H5P is showcased with the quizzes and questions available, but really understanding how these all fit together is essential.
- The many H5P question types
- Quiz (Question Set)
- All other question types
- Comparing H5P and Moodle quiz and questions
- H5P quizzes and the Moodle Gradebook
- Week 3, H5P in Moodle - Advanced content types
Here we focus on the H5P content types for which there is definitely no Moodle equivalent, and understand how these sophisticated content types can be used to enhance your Moodle courses in new and exiting ways.
- Branching Scenario
- Moodle Lesson or H5P Branching Scenario ?
- Interactive Video
- Course Presentation
- Impressive Presentation
- Virtual Tour (360)
- Week 4, H5P and Moodle - Thinking outside the box
After mastering the basics of H5P and Moodle it's time to 'get creative' and start to develop truly outstanding experiences for learners.
- All remaining content types not covered in weeks 1-3
- Embedding H5P content in Moodle
- Using H5P via LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability)
- H5P documentation, community, roadmap, and feature requests
- Publishing and Sharing
- Maintaining and updating content
*This outline is subject to change as H5P and Moodle changes and we update the content.